Published on December 3rd, 2022
Last updated on January 24th, 2023
Under-Eyes Filler: All Things You Should Know
The injection of fillers can transform a face in minutes – almost all women, even men, now know about this. Fillers effectively smooth out wrinkles, model lips, and cheekbones and remove typical age-related “flatness” from the face. But what about dark circles under the eyes?
Correction of dark circles under the eyes with fillers is the most effective method to achieve instant results. The procedure takes no more than 15 minutes, and the effect lasts up to 12 months.
Our article will tell you about the critical points of preparing your skin for the procedure, how to properly care for yourself after an injection, and what advantages and disadvantages a dermal filler under the eyes can carry. Read on to learn the most valuable information before you make a decision.
What Is Under-Eyes Filler?
If you’re like most women, chances are you’ve been searching for a way to get rid of those pesky dark circles and bags under your eyes. You’ve probably tried every concealer and color-correcting makeup product on the market, but nothing seems to be working. If you’re looking for a more long-lasting solution, you may want to consider under-eye filler.
What is under-eyes filler? This is a type of injectable filler specifically designed to treat the tear trough area, which is the space between the lower eyelid and the upper cheek. When injected into this area, under eyes filler can help to improve the appearance of dark circles and bags.
Under-eyes filler works by adding volume to the tear trough area. This helps to fill in hollow areas that contribute to the appearance of dark circles and bags under the eyes. Injecting under-eyes filler can also help to smooth out any lines or wrinkles in this area.
Bags under your eyes can make you look fatigued and run down, no matter how well-rested. Fortunately, a simple procedure can help eliminate those pesky bags for good, and this is an under-eye filler. This minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure can help refresh your appearance by adding volume to the tear trough area. The under-eye filler can:
- Be affordable. This is an affordable cosmetic procedure that can give you dramatic results without breaking the bank.
- Reduce the appearance of under-eye bags. Under-eye fillers may be a good option for bags under your eyes and can help minimize their appearance by adding volume to the tear trough area. This can give your face a more rested and refreshed look.
- Eliminate tired-looking eyes. Tired-looking eyes can make you look older than you are and can impact your self-confidence. If you want to eliminate tired-looking eyes, under-eye fillers may be able to help. This treatment brightens the area around your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
- Natural results. Under-eye filler is made from hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally found in the body. This means that the results of under-eye filler are very natural looking.
- Long-lasting. The results of under-eye filler can last for up to 18 months. After this time, the filler will gradually break down and be absorbed by the body.
- Add volume to thin or sagging skin. Under-eye fillers may be a good option if you have thin or saggy skin around your eyes. This treatment can add fullness and elasticity to the skin around your eyes, making you look younger and more refreshed.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to adding volume, under-eye fillers can help soften fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. This is because this treatment plumps up the skin, which smooths out imperfections on the skin’s surface. If you’re concerned about fine lines or wrinkles around your eyes, under-eye fillers may be a good option for you.
Drawbacks Of Under-Eyes Filler
In recent years, under-eye fillers have become a popular cosmetic procedure. However, there are a few drawbacks that patients should be aware of before undergoing treatment. Here are six potential disadvantages of under-eye fillers:
- Bruising and swelling – Patients can expect bruising and swelling after the procedure. This is normal and usually goes away after a few days. However, in some cases, the bruising and swelling can last for weeks or even months.
- Risk of infection – Any time there is a break in the skin, there is a risk of infection. This is why it’s essential to follow all post-operative instructions and see your doctor if you develop any signs of infection, such as redness, pain, or fever.
- Difficulty speaking or moving the mouth after the procedure – Because under-eye fillers are injected into the fatty tissue below the eyes, there is a risk that patients will have difficulty speaking or moving their mouths after the procedure. This usually goes away after a few days, but sometimes it can last for weeks or even months.
- Temporary numbness or tingling in the treated area – Patients may experience numbing or tingling in the treated area immediately after the procedure. This is caused by local anesthesia and usually goes away within a few hours. However, in some cases, it can last for days or even weeks.
- Asymmetry – Because under-eye fillers are injected by hand, there is a risk that they will be injected asymmetrically, meaning that one side will be more swollen than the other. This usually goes away after a few days as the filler settles into place, but in some cases, it can last for weeks or even months.
- Necrosis (death of skin tissue) – Under-eye fillers can cause necrosis (death of skin tissue) in rare cases. This usually happens when the filler is injected into an artery instead of a vein and cuts blood flow to the area, causing the tissue to die. If this happens, patients need to see a doctor immediately to remove the necrotic tissue surgically.
What Is The Difference Between Botox And Eyes Filler?
Before you choose your future appearance solution, you must consider the variants available to achieve the same result. So, an analog of the under eye injection is Botox.
So, Botox is a neurotoxin released in the area under the eyes to stop the muscles in this area from working. Thus, the injection helps to smooth out the under-eye area and takes a few years off your actual age. The result you can notice in 72 hours, and this result is enough for 3 months.
While the under-eye filler is a procedure for detecting hyaluronic acid under the skin, filling in the space, and smoothing the skin under the eyes, you get the same result as with Botox, but your muscles work. In addition, the effect will last for 9-12 months, which helps to save money and not spoil it with regular injections.
Is Under-Eyes Filler Right for Me?
If you’re concerned about dark circles or bags under your eyes, you may be a good candidate for under-eyes filler. However, it’s important to note that under-eyes filler is not suitable for everyone. The best way to determine if the under-eyes filler is the best solution for you is to schedule a consultation with an experienced aesthetic injector. During your consultation, your aesthetic will evaluate your tear trough area and determine if you are a good candidate for this treatment.
All About The Procedure
Although the procedure involves only interaction with a licensed professional beautician to perform such injections, you can still minimally prepare yourself for the session and learn some of the procedure details.
So, first of all, you need to find an exclusively professional cosmetologist with the necessary skills and certificates to work with patients. You can read reviews on the Internet, ask for a cosmetologist’s portfolio, and communicate with those who left a review on the site / on social networks, or in Google reviews. Finding an exclusively professional specialist is the most crucial step, ultimately determining the result and your appearance after the procedure.
After you have chosen your future specialist for dermal filler under eyes, you need to contact them and make an appointment. At the consultation, you find out all the necessary instructions for preparing for the procedure. They will tell you about the risks and individual intolerance of the course and provide all the required information regarding self-care after the session. Since the preparatory process, procedure, and post-procedure care are typical and often repeated, we can highlight a few key points:
- Before the procedure. Be sure to stop using drugs that thin the blood. This can include prescription drugs and fish oil or vitamin E. Also, be sure to tell the specialist about all the nutritional supplements and medications you are taking so that they can properly exclude unnecessary drugs and tell you how long to take them. Also, avoid drinking alcohol before the procedure, as it promotes swelling and bruising.
- Procedure. This involves the injection of an active substance. Since this is related to acupuncture, you may require a numbing gel to be applied to the area to be injected. Then the doctor will inject a small amount of hyaluronic acid under the skin, and after a few minutes, you will be free.
- After the procedure. After the procedure, you will still need to take care of yourself for a while to ensure the effect is as long and high-quality as possible. So, after the procedure, there will be a recovery stage of 48 hours, so it is vital not to irritate the skin under the eyes. Also, do not load your body with high activity during the day. After recovery, you can get back to your regular activities and glow with lifted skin under the eyes.
How Long Can It Last?
As we stated above, the effect after the injection can last up to 12 months. The area under the eyes is inactive and does not require constant muscle contractions, such as mouth corners. Because of this, the acid can hold on for a long time. In addition, if you do not like the result, you can always reverse it with hyaluronidase. However, the reverse process can be pretty painful, so it should be done over several sessions.
The under-eye injection can be a great way to combat under-eye bags and dark circles.
This procedure is in many ways better than the classic Botox, which many women and men use. Fillers under the eyes also do not interfere with the work of the muscles on your face and also perfectly smooth out all the wrinkles under the eyes. However, as with any other procedure with your skin, fillers under the eyes can have some negative effects.
You need to make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients, avoid blood-thinning medications, and give the specialist a full description of any supplements you are taking, so they can make sure the procedure is safe for you.
It is also important to remember that a qualified specialist can only perform such a procedure. Therefore, carefully choose a cosmetologist, pay attention to reviews on the Internet and consult with a specialist before the procedure.
How Much Does Under-eye Filler Cost?
The cost of under-eye filler will vary depending on the amount used, the type of filler used, and the geographical location. Generally, under-eye fillers can range from $600 to $1,500 per syringe.
Does Under-eye Filler Hurt?
Under-eye fillers are typically injected using a fine needle, and most patients report minimal discomfort. However, everyone’s pain tolerance is different, so discuss your concerns with your doctor before treatment.
Why Do I Need To Do Under-eye Filler?
Under-eye fillers can help cure several under-eye problems, including dark circles, under-eye bags, and hollowing under the eyes.
Can I Do It At Home?
No, under-eye fillers should only be administered by a licensed medical professional. Do not attempt to do under-eye fillers at home.