Published on July 6th, 2022
Last updated on January 25th, 2023
How To Cover Varicose Veins With Makeup?
You probably have varicose veins if you stumbled upon this article and are reading it. I agree that varicose veins can be uncomfortable, especially when you want to wear loose clothes and look your best. But don’t get upset before the time. Varicose veins occur in many people and even men. But that doesn’t mean you should be ashamed of it and always wear a burka. Today I will try to help you to cover varicose veins with makeup.
Fortunately, varicose veins are a cosmetic problem for many, especially women. That’s why most women constantly look for ways to hide this “defect”. I will share with you two of the most effective and common ways of makeup to cover varicose veins.
Cover Varicose Veins With Foundation And Concealer
Probably every woman has a foundation and concealer to hide all face imperfections.
Ladies often use concealer and bronzer to emphasize their features, lightening and darkening the areas they want to emphasize. With the help of such easy actions, most ladies look flawless and feel very confident. But such makeup can be used not only on the face but also on the body to cover varicose veins.
To be able to apply makeup to the body properly and cover varicose veins, and your makeup lasts a long time even when you are sweating while +30 C outside, I recommend following this instruction:
- First, you need to cleanse your skin, so take a shower. With varicose veins, doctors do not recommend using harsh scrubs, so you can rub your skin a little with a towel to remove dead epidermal tissue particles or use a gommage scrub. Rinse off the residue, and you can proceed to varicose vein makeup cover-up;
- As the first step in the makeup, it is recommended to apply a primer, which will smooth the texture of the skin and ensure easier application of foundation and concealer;
- Usually, varicose veins have a characteristic blue or purple color. To get rid of these colors, you need to work with concealer. Apply not too dense a layer of concealer on the places where the veins are visible. Next, you need to shade the concealer, it is better to do it with a special brush or a makeup sponge. Apply concealer in several layers, if necessary;
- When you have finished with concealer, you can move on to the next part of our makeup to cover up varicose veins. You must apply foundation on the concealer and the rest of your body. Do not smear the foundation with your hands, it is better to do it with a makeup brush or sponge. The foundation should be chosen according to your skin tone;
- Finish the result with powder, so you will give a matte effect and remove unnecessary shine. Then use a makeup fixing spray to ensure that your makeup stays on as long as possible and provides you with confidence.
Cover Varicose Veins With Self-tanner
Many men and women have noticed that the varicose veins become less noticeable when the warm summer days come, and they spend time at the beach in the sun. It’s true that when you tan, your skin darkens, and your varicose veins become less noticeable. But what if it’s too early to get a tan, or you don’t have time? A self-tanner can come to your rescue.
It’s not make-up, but it is a beauty product, perfect for covering varicose veins. That’s why I’m adding it to my list. Follow our instructions to do the best makeup to cover up varicose veins.
- The first step is to buy a self-tanner and conduct an allergy test. Apply the self-tanner to a small area of skin on your hand and wait about 15-20 minutes. If there are no allergic reactions, you can safely proceed to the second stage;
- In the second stage, you need to take a shower and make a gommage scrub to remove the dead epidermal tissue particles. This way, your self-tanner will lie flat, without streaks. Remember, do not use any harsh scrubs;
- Then, put on gloves, so your hands are not stained, and get ready for self-tanner application. Choosing a self-tanner in the form of a lotion or cream is desirable. The spray, in this case, may not be convenient;
- Spread the self-tanner in a circular motion on the desired parts of the body. Pay special attention to areas where there are varicose veins to the makeup to cover up them;
- Allow the self-tanner to dry on your body as long as indicated on the package. Then you can put on your clothes.
Self-tanner should be applied every 3-5 days to maintain your skin tone and conceal varicose veins.
Is It Possible To Cover Spider Veins With Makeup?
Yes, you can cover up spider veins with makeup. You need to follow the same instructions as covering up varicose veins.
How Long Will Makeup Last To Cover Varicose Veins On The Legs?
Depending on which method you choose. If you choose to use foundation, makeup can last all day if you apply it correctly and use high-quality products. If you use a self-tanner, this makeup can last from 3 to 5 days.