Published on August 24th, 2022
Last updated on January 25th, 2023
How To Clean Magnetic Lashes? Magnetic Eyelashes Care Tutorial
Modeling the look with artificial eyelashes allows girls to correct aesthetic defects and enhance the natural beauty of the look. Many people regularly use eyelash extensions, but not all ladies can enhance their attractiveness in this way. Some do not allow for the state of health. The high price puts others off, and others do not want to stay for a long time in the same image. The alternative to a classic eyelash extension (as well as long-term and one-time gluing of artificial hairs) has become the latest novelties of the lash industry – magnetic eyelashes. But how to clean magnetic lashes properly?
Magnetic lashes are quite an expensive accessory, so you would probably like to extend their lifespan. There are many ways to reuse your lashes. They need to be thoroughly cleaned. Taking things short, cleaning with a cotton swab is the best way to remove magnetic eyeliner. For a more thorough way, tweezers and a plastic container filled with makeup remover will be required. After all, procedures, store the false eyelashes in a cool, dry place.
How To Properly Care For Magnetic Eyelashes?
Taking care of magnetic lashes, especially cleaning does not require much time. The main thing is to know and remember the basic rules:
- Always wash your hands before and after use. The false eyelashes come in contact with your eyes, and the risk of infection can be high;
- Never remove lashes without first softening. You could accidentally damage them during removal.
- Always clean the lashes after use, removing any glue and make-up residue;
- Store the lashes in a particular container. High humidity and air temperature spoil the appearance of false eyelashes;
- Avoid contact with water and also avoid areas of high humidity. Water and moisture on the magnetic tape can affect the adhesive strength and reduce its adhesion;
- Always remove false magnetic eyelashes before going to the swimming pool, baths, and bed;
- Avoid sauna and steam baths. High temperatures will cause rapid deterioration of the magnetic strip;
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or touching your eyelashes, as it is highly likely that the magnetic eyelash will fall off.
To keep eyelashes fluffy, lying flat, and unobstructed, it is recommended to brush them with a special brush in the direction of lash growth, from top to bottom. At the same time, the brush should be regularly washed and cleaned from fallen lashes and dirt.
Best Ways To Clean Magnetic Lashes
Magnetic eyelash removal is a critical process that is necessary to prevent irritation or redness of the mucous membrane of the eyes. To perform this procedure correctly, you need to know the proper methods. Cleaning magnetic eyelashes should be done with care and not damaging them. The following tips are described below.
1. Using Micellar Water And A Container
This method is characterized by simplicity. You’ll need a container to hold your lashes and an eye makeup remover. To remove the adhesive, follow a simple routine:
- Rinse the container well. It is even better to disinfect it with alcohol or chlorhexidine;
- Pour micellar water into the container and gently place the magnetic lashes into the container. The liquid should completely cover the lashes;
- Leave the magnetic lashes in the container for 10-15 minutes to allow the cleanser to penetrate the lashes thoroughly;
- Remove the lashes with tweezers. Place them on a paper towel or tissue. Do not use a cloth towel, as its lint can get tangled between the lashes. It will be virtually impossible, causing the accessory to lose its aesthetic appearance.
2. Cleaning The Magnetic Eyelashes With Steam
Steam will dissolve the glue, allowing you to clean your lashes quickly and easily. To do this, follow the detailed instructions:
- Take a clean saucepan. Pour four cups of clear water into it. If desired, you can add a drop of essential oil;
- Put it on the heat and bring it to a boil. Remove the water from the fire and allow it to cool down a little to about 40 degrees Celsius;
- Hold the lashes over the saucepan for 5-8 minutes (depending on the amount of dirt) to get the steam on their magnetic base;
- Then remove all contaminants and the magnetic liner.
It is important to observe safety rules when using this method. Otherwise, you risk getting your hands burnt. Do not immerse the eyelashes in hot water. It is necessary to hold them over the steam. You can use auxiliary aids to hold your eyelashes over the steam. For example, a fork, sieve, or cooking spatulas.
3. Cleaning The Magnetic Lashes With A Cotton Swab
It is one of the most common options to clean magnetic lashes. Initially, before you begin, prepare all the necessary tools. For this method, you will need the following:
- a makeup remover specifically designed for removing eye makeup( including magnetic eyeliner);
- rubbing alcohol;
- cotton wools;
- cotton pads/sticks;
Step 1: Wash Your Hands
Before starting, wash your hands under running clean water using antibacterial soap. Do not pick up the magnetic eyelashes with dirty hands, as this could cause an eye infection.
Put your hands under a stream of clean water. Then wash them with antibacterial soap for at least 20 seconds. Ensure you wash the main areas, namely the area between your fingers, the back of your hands, and the area under your fingernails.
Rinse hands with clean water, then wipe dry with a clean towel.
Step 2: Remove The Magnetic Eyelashes
Remove the lashes carefully before cleaning. Do this with your fingers, not your fingernails or tweezers, as they can easily be damaged.
Squeeze the lashes firmly with your thumb and forefinger. Slowly peel the strip away from the corner of your eye towards the bridge of your nose. The lashes usually come off quite quickly.
Step 3: Dampen Cotton Wool In Make-up Remover And Run It Along The Lashes
Take cotton wool and dampen it in the makeup remover. Gently swipe it along the false lashes. Carefully wipe the entire length of the lashes, including the magnetic strip. Continue until all make-up has been wiped off.
Step 4: Repeat The Same On The Opposite Side Of The Lash
Turn the lash over. Take another cotton swab and dampen it in makeup remover liquid. Then repeat the procedure, scrubbing the entire length of the lash. Remember to move from the base of the lash to the tips. Don’t forget to run cotton wool over the magnetic strip. Make sure to wipe off all make-up.
Step 5: Use Tweezers To Remove Magnetic Eyeliner And Dirt
Check that there is no dirt left on the lashes. If you notice any residue, take the tweezers in one hand and remove them by holding the lashes with the fingertips of your free hand. Be careful to do this with the tweezers, not pulling on the lash itself, as you could damage it.
Step 6: Rubbing Eyelashes With Alcohol
Soak a new cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and wipe the magnetic strip on the lashes. It is necessary altogether remove any dirt or make-up residue from the magnetic lashes. Wet the cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and run it along the strip. As well as removing any magnetic eyeliner residue will also help disinfect the ribbon so that it can be used safely later on.
Magnetic eyelashes are the alternative to traditional eyelash extensions, the competitor to conventional false eyelashes – magnetic eyelashes promise a bright transformation of a look in a couple of minutes, without glue and complicated manipulations.
Cleaning magnetic lashes require meticulous care. If you want them to last as long as possible, keep them clean to avoid infection. “I’ve seen a lot of videos on Instagram lately of people cleaning their false magnetic eyelashes with cleansing foams,” says Clementine Richardson, founder of “Envious lashes”. “I’m not a fan of this practice and only consider it necessary if you have dead skin – constantly fiddling with your extensions causes them to fall out prematurely.” Instead, Richardson says the best way to cleanse lashes is to use an oil-free cleanser.
Can I Sleep With Magnetic False Eyelashes?
They are magnetic, so you just take them off carefully. Sleeping with the lashes on is not recommended. You may damage them on the pillow while you sleep, and it will be challenging to get them tidy later on, so you will have to buy new ones.
Why Is It Essential To Clean Lashes?
Failure to remove your lashes from magnetic eyeliner can result in inflammation or irritation of the eyes. That’s why knowing the best way to remove magnetic eyeliner is essential. You should always wash your eyelashes, regardless of whether you wear make-up. Water is not harmful to good-quality eyelashes.
What Are The Cons Of Magnetic Eyelashes?
The disadvantages include that someone might stretch the tape on which the lashes are attached, but how to eliminate this disadvantage, I’ve already said, just make clear tape or bring a pencil to your eyes. Also, the process won’t take any time or effort for the first time, but that’s all for the first two after you’ve done everything quickly.
How Long Can I Wear Magnetic Eyelashes?
They can be used repeatedly and worn for 3-4 months if handled carefully and all magnetic eyeliner is removed correctly. But it is still recommended before make-up with them becomes comfortable for you to wear for just a couple of hours, no more than 2-3 times a week.
Can Magnetic Eyelashes Be Cleansed With Oils?
No oil-based products, especially pure oils, will destroy the structure of magnetic lashes. It’s better to use oil, especially coconut oil, to care for the skin around the eyes or a nourishing eyebrow mask.