Published on September 6th, 2022
Last updated on January 25th, 2023
Why Do Your Nails Grow Slow And You May Want To Change It?
Nails are essential to look good. They can make or break an outfit; sometimes, they are the first thing people notice about us. Neglected, bitten, and dirty nails always repel people at the first meeting. That is why making nails grow healthy and cutting them promptly is essential.
So it’s no wonder many people want to know how to make nails grow faster. Luckily, you can do a few things to help your nails grow healthy and strong. I have prepared an article discussing some of the best tips and tricks for making your nails grow faster. Keep reading to learn more!
Why You May Want Your Nails To Grow Faster?
There can be several reasons why your nails grow slow:
- It could simply be a lack of nutrients in your diet;
- It could be a side effect of certain medications;
- It also can be due to an underlying medical condition.
Reasons why you may need to grow your nails are:
- Most people grow their nails for aesthetic reasons. They want to have long, beautiful nails that they can show off;
- For work as the nail model for the commercials. Such models show the designs of nails and promote the nails master;
- Commercials of products. Well-groomed nails are always great for photo or video shots with the product in hand;
- Trends. People always want to follow the trends on the internet, and now long nails are in-trend.
However, some people need to cut their nails for other reasons. For example, people who work in the food service or healthcare industry often need to have short nails to avoid contamination.
If you suspect your nails are growing slowly due to a health issue, you should see your doctor for an evaluation.
Best Things For Nails Growth
Here are some tips to help you grow your nails faster:
- Eat a balanced diet that includes biotin-rich foods. Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for nail growth. Good sources of biotin include eggs, salmon, nuts, and seeds;
- Take a biotin supplement. You may want to take a supplement if you cannot get enough biotin through your diet;
- Protect your nails from damage. When doing things that could damage your nails, such as cleaning with harsh chemicals or gardening without gloves, be sure to use protection;
- Give your nails a break from polish. If you often wear nail polish, give your nails a break now and then to allow them to breathe and grow;
- Use a keratin supplement. Keratin is the main protein that makes up your nails. You can find keratin supplements in many health food stores. These supplements are the best thing for nail growth and strength;
- Take a vitamin C supplement. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to promote tissue growth. It also helps your body to absorb iron, which is necessary for nail growth. You can take a vitamin C supplement or eat foods rich in vitamin C, such as oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, and broccoli;
- Do not bite your nails. Biting your nails can damage the nail beds and prevent your nails from growing correctly;
- Do not pick at your cuticles. Picking at your cuticles can damage the nails and prevent them from growing properly. If you cannot stop picking at your cuticles, try using a cuticle cream or oil to moisturize them and keep them healthy;
- Use a hand cream or lotion. Keeping your hands and nails moisturized can help to grow toenails fast. Use a hand cream or lotion after washing your hands and during the day;
- Get regular manicures and pedicures. Manicures and pedicures can help to keep your nails looking their best. They can also exfoliate the nails and remove any dead skin cells that could prevent new nail growth.
You can do a few things if you want to grow your fingernails and toenails fast. First, ensure you eat a balanced diet with all the nutrients necessary for healthy nail growth.
You can also take supplements specifically designed to promote nail growth. Finally, practice good fingernails care habits by keeping your nails clean and trimmed and protecting them from damage.
With the right and consistent care of your fingernails and toenails, you can achieve great results and never be embarrassed about your nails in public or in a photo. The standard procedure, however, can take up to several hours, as nail work is quite meticulous due to the nails’ size and the fingers’ sensitivity. By following my self-care tips, you should see an improvement in nail growth in no time!
How Fast Do Nails Grow?
Our fingernails grow at a rate of 3.47 millimeters (mm) per month, or about a tenth of a millimeter per day.
Why Do Nails Protect Us From?
Your nails protect your hands by acting as a strong shield as you work with them daily and as a cuticle barrier that keeps out environmental pollutants. Regular, professional nail care keeps your nails strong and ready to work.
What Person Is Specialized In Nail Care?
A manicurist in any beauty salon can help you with this. However, when choosing a master’s, always read the reviews of people who used their services.
What Should I Do When I Feel Pain In My Nails?
See a doctor if you have any symptoms: blunt toenail trauma and the toe has severe swelling, pain, or redness.