Published on July 6th, 2022
Last updated on January 25th, 2023
How To Prevent Cellulite? Definitive Guide With 6 Proven Methods
Unfortunately, sooner or later, women get cellulite – all because of estrogen and the structure of fat cells in the body. With cellulite, the structure of fatty tissue is disturbed, mainly on the thighs, stomach, and buttocks, which manifests itself on the skin in the form of bumps, also called “orange peel“. Unfortunately, cellulite can develop even at a young age since one of its causes is hereditary, hormonal disorders. But it often develops if women move little, eat irrationally, and constantly feel nervous. How to prevent cellulite is what we discuss today.
Cellulite is one of the key obstacles for women to feel beautiful and confident. Unfortunately, most cosmetic products are ineffective in the fight against cellulite, and special procedures are expensive and require regular use. Therefore, the appearance of cellulite is easier to prevent than losing cellulite later. Let’s find out what to do and how to get rid of annoying “orange peel” in the early stages.
Why Does Cellulite Appear?
The main causes of cellulite are these:
- Increased subcutaneous fat. For example, the girl begins to eat improperly, and her body receives excessively easily digestible nutrients stored in fat cells. When the intake of active substances exceeds their consumption, it accumulates these substances in fat cells. This causes fat cells to increase in volume – as a result, the subcutaneous fat layer increases. Enlarged fat cells compress everything around them – primarily the vessels that feed these cells. Accordingly, the blood supply to the subcutaneous fat deteriorates, the oxygen flow decreases, and the development of connective fibrous tissue begins, which is the primary clinical sign of cellulite on arms and other body parts;
- Disruption of the blood supply in a particular area. For example, a girl can be slim and have the proper diet, but sedentary work leads to the squeezing of soft tissues in the back of the thigh, which leads to insufficient blood supply and, as a result, oxygen supply. The mechanics of the process are identical to those outlined above. Only the reason is different. That is why the “orange peel” often appears in absolutely slender girls.
How Does Cellulite Develop?
There are four stages of cellulite development:
First Stage Of Cellulite Development
In the first stage, there are no suspicions since the “orange peel” is not yet noticeable. Minor bumpy irregularities can be seen if a certain skin area is compressed. But in its normal state, it remains even and smooth. The scale of the affected areas depends on the degree of blood and lymphatic circulation disturbance. Due to the low level of outflow of interstitial fluid and insufficient blood supply, the cells are deprived of oxygen, which is necessary to absorb everything. At this stage, cellulite removal at home is possible.
Second Stage Of Cellulite Development
In the second stage, cellulite is getting visual. The surface of the skin changes, with muscle tension showing indentations and bumps. Cells continue to grow in size, leading to tissue swelling and compression of blood vessels’ walls. The local lymphatic and blood supply worsens. The set of processes of assimilation of substances slows down, and the cells, being in a state of oxygen starvation, activate the functions of lipogenesis. Slags and toxic substances accumulate in the tissues. All lipolysis processes are inhibited.
At this stage of development of structural changes in the subcutaneous layer, tissue fibers grow, and their density increases.
Third Stage Of Cellulite Development
In the third stage of development, skin irregularities and bumps are noticeable even when the muscles of the legs and thighs are completely relaxed. If a therapeutic examination is carried out, it can be revealed that the body temperature in the locations affected by cellulite is much lower than in other areas.
The sensitivity of the skin increases. When squeezed, pain occurs. This is because cell growth has reached the nerve endings of the connective tissues. Moreover, tissue metabolism is disturbed, and the affected cells accumulate waste and metabolic products. In women with the third stage of cellulite on the back of legs, varicose veins are observed. Significantly compacted and become thicker capillary walls. Acid compounds, triglycerides, and various toxins accumulate in the structure’s structural and functional elementary biological units. Tissue membranes thicken. In the affected cell, metabolic processes stop.
Final Stage Of Cellulite Development
Visible tubercles and pits accompany the fourth stage. They become thick and rough, and there is severe pain upon tactile contact. On palpation, numerous nodules of various sizes are palpated. Extensive micro varicose veins are observed.
How To Avoid Cellulite?
The best way to get rid of cellulite is through proper nutrition. Avoid fried and fatty foods, smoked meats, pickles, preserves, convenience foods, pastries, and cream cakes. First, these things are very high in calories. Secondly, due to the abundance of artificial additives – dyes, thickeners, flavor enhancers, etc.- they are harmful and contribute to the deposition of fats in tissues.
- There are many useful products that the body needs. There are plenty to choose from. These are vegetables, fruits, greens, cereals, grain bread, lean meat, fish, milk, kefir, etc.;
- Minimize the consumption of strong alcohol, coffee, and soda. Give preference to pure water, dry wine (in small quantities), freshly squeezed juices, and herbal teas. Especially useful for the prevention of cellulite on the arm are apples, carrots, beetroot, oranges, cucumbers, and cabbage juice.
2. Get Rid Of Smoking
It is known to harm blood circulation and therefore contributes to the development of cellulite.
3. Stop Wearing High Heels Or Tight Clothing
Try not to stand in the same position for a long time. If you stand a lot at work, try to change the position of your legs more often and do at least the simplest exercises to improve blood and lymph circulation.
4. Be Active
Pay special attention to daily physical activity. Exercising in the morning, moderate running, swimming or aerobics, and cycling will help you curb the development of cellulite. By the way, exercises in the gym, where only one muscle group is pumped up, are not recommended because they can contribute to the appearance of cellulite on arms and other body parts.
5. Consult Professionals
It is helpful to visit beauty salons, where they can offer complex methods for body care, incl. massages, algae or therapeutic mud wraps, balneological baths, etc., to maintain skin tone. But if you wish, you can do a lot at home. For example, dousing with cold water or rubbing problem areas, applying anti-cellulite cream, or giving yourself a massage.
5. Take Care Of Mental Health
Avoid stress and try to be calmer about unpleasant events or news. Disorders of the nervous system also contribute to the appearance of cellulite deposits. If stress cannot be avoided, try to relieve tension and relax quickly. There are physical exercises, auto-training, yoga, and other methods.
6. Be Cautious When Using Hormones
Some hormonal contraceptives contribute to the development of cellulite under arms and other body parts. Before using them, consult with experts.
Universal Solutions To Prevent Cellulite
- Get enough time to sleep. This tip is even more important than following the principles of a low-carb diet. Healthy sleep is the best way to get rid of cellulite for women on their way to a slim figure and smooth skin. Good physical shape without flaws on the body in the form of cellulite contributes to good sleep lasting 7-8 hours. In more detail, the reason is when you sleep well, then the energy reserves in the body are renewed by a natural method, so during the day, you will be less tired, and you will not need to compensate for the lack of strength with junk food (sweets and carbohydrates);
- Drink your daily amount of water. Drink at least 1.5-2 liters of water daily to protect yourself from cellulite on the back of your legs. Water is useful because of its ability to speed up metabolism. As a result: fats are quickly broken down and do not have time to be deposited on the hips. Cellulite is formed since the lack of water in the body provokes stagnation of fatty deposits in the tissues. Subsequently, they create a favorable environment for the formation of cellulite;
- Regular physical activity. Of course, this is elementary but incredibly effective. Playing sports will help consolidate the results from the previous tips. Even if you lose a lot of weight, cellulite will not disappear completely. Home workouts or going to the gym prevent the appearance of cellulite or remove its remnants from the body. Try to combine strength exercises (on simulators, with equipment) with interval exercises (alternating high and low-intensity physical activity) to activate muscle work and achieve the desired result faster.
There are a lot of cellulite treatment methods at home, but not all of them are comfortable or solve problems quickly. The choice of method depends on the stage of the disease and your preferences, but it will not be superfluous to consult with a specialist who will help you create the most effective leg cellulite treatment program.
What Causes Cellulite On Legs?
The most common causes are an unhealthy and unbalanced diet, lack of physical activity, hormonal changes, bad habits, and stress.
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Cellulite?
You can’t eliminate it, but you can reduce it! With a regular and comprehensive approach to the problem, you will see the first results in the first 2 weeks.
How To Hide Cellulite?
What helps hide cellulite: artificial tanning, tight tights, corrective underwear, and anti-cellulite clothes to get rid of the “orange peel” forever.
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Stomach?
The most effective exercises against cellulite on the belly exert pressure on the abs, such as twisting, leg lifts, and lower extremity strokes in the prone position.
Does Tanning Help To Get Rid Of Cellulite?
During a tanning session, blood vessels dilate, blood circulation improves, and excess fluid is removed from the body. And this is one of the most effective ways to deal with the “orange peel”. In addition, solarium creams contain many substances that smooth, tighten, and moisturize the skin.
Does Running Help Get Rid Of Cellulite?
Running promotes fat burning and helps to gain relief and an elastic body. Doing it on a treadmill is best, as it softens the shock load on the joints, allows cardio training, and increases the body’s endurance.
How To Get Rid Of Arm Cellulite?
There are many ways to eliminate excess body fat. You can choose the right one: manual massage, dry brush, cold and hot shower, or sauna visit.
How To Hide Cellulite With Makeup?
Many celebrities use makeup to cover up cellulite on certain parts of their bodies. If you suffer from cellulite, you can always use unique products like a foundation to hide it.