Published on January 11th, 2023
Last updated on January 24th, 2023
How To Apply Sunscreen On the Face? A Complete Guide For Your Care
UV protection is essential. Even if it is not summer in your area, there is still a chance that the sun’s rays will negatively affect your skin. People that don’t use sunscreen risk a lot of problems with their skin. It can even be a problem with their health. How to apply sunscreen? For doing this, follow these steps:
- Choose the right sunscreen;
- Cleanse your face;
- Apply sunscreen in a thick layer.
Lack of sun protection can cause dry skin, loss of moisture, photoaging, and even wrinkles. But these are not all the consequences of exposure to rays on your skin. You are also at risk for skin cancer. Therefore, the use of sunscreen becomes your responsibility. However, when you decide to buy and apply sunscreen on your face, you may face some questions. The fact is that there are a large number of sunscreens. They can be made on different bases and have different SPF. You should be aware of these things as well as how to apply sunscreen properly on your face.
We will tell you how to choose and apply sunscreen on your face.
Choosing And Applying The Sunscreen: Do It Right
The right choice and application of such a product are extremely important. The level of protection of your skin will depend on this. Therefore, we have prepared steps and tips for easy sunscreen application.
|Step||What should you do?||Additional tips|
|Choose the right sunscreen||First, you need to understand which product you should choose. So, we advise you to look for a product that contains SPF 30 or higher. If you have fair and sensitive skin, you need a product with as high. an SPF as possible. In the case of very fair skin, a sunscreen with SPF 50 or even higher may be suitable for you. Pay attention to the fact that the product’s packaging says “broad spectrum.” So you can be sure that this foundation will block UVA and UVB rays. Also, you need to know that sunscreen comes in a variety of forms. We can advise you to choose a spray. It is comfortable to use.||As far as sunscreen base is concerned, here are some guidelines you need to consider:- If you have sensitive skin – pay attention to a mineral-based product. It will help you avoid skin irritation.- If your skin is acne prone, you should look for sunscreen with a comedogenic formula.- If you have dark skin, pay attention to non-chalky formulas.- Also, you should consider waterproof-based sunscreen if you plan to go swimming. This option will be relevant if you have oily skin or acne-prone skin.|
|Cleanse your face||Some people skip this point, but it’s important. You must apply your product directly to cleansed skin. So, before applying sunscreen on your face, you need to cleanse it. Remove makeup from your face and wash it with your favorite products. For maximum protection, you need to apply the product directly to the skin. After washing, pat your face dry.|
|Apply sunscreen in a thick layer||For the face, you will need about a tablespoon of a product. The amount of it plays an important role. If you apply the sunscreen too thin, you will probably get an SPF 10, when you should have at least SPF 30. Someone can ask about using body sunscreen on the face. Actually, you can do that. However, it is still worth choosing a separate face sunscreen. It is because the skin of the face is more sensitive. Therefore, it is better to choose a product that is designed specifically to protect the skin of the face from the sun’s rays.||Do not forget to apply a product spot on the face. This method will help you better cope with this task. Do not try to squeeze a large amount of a product on your hands and apply it on your face. It is better to apply a little product and point movements. Using this method, you will help the product absorb faster and more evenly.|
Some Tips For Applying Sunscreen On The Face And Body
In addition to instructions on how to apply sunscreen, we also have to tell you some tips. We’ve highlighted seven tips to help you when you’re using your product.
- Use sunscreen daily. Even if it seems to you that today you will be able to avoid the negative effects of the sun’s rays, this may be an erroneous opinion. Sunlight is random. You can get them on the subway, going to a cafe, or even sitting near a window in an office.
- Apply the product on the neck and decollete. While applying sunscreen on your face, don’t forget to apply it on your neck and decollete. Some people mistakenly believe that they need to apply this product only to the face. However, this is a mistake. You must apply it to all exposed areas of the skin. At a minimum, it should be the face, neck, and decollete. Also, it is worth applying this product on the shoulders and upper back, especially if you are wearing revealing clothing. Experts advise applying it also on the back of the hands. People forget about their hands when it comes to UV radiation. So, remember this and make it a rule for yourself to apply sunscreen on the back of your hand.
- Apply sunscreen for a certain amount of time before going outside. Some chemical products for protecting the skin take time to absorb into the skin. So, applying sunscreen on your face or body should be at least for at least 20 minutes before going outside.
- Use zinc oxide if you urgently need to protect your skin from the sun. This substance is a mineral that helps block the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It works faster than some chemical sunscreen ingredients. It is because such products need time to be ironed to convert light into heat energy.
- Apply sunscreen every hour and a half. In fact, many products gradually lose their effectiveness when exposed to the sun. Therefore, apply new layers of it to your face at regular intervals.
- Use mineral makeup. If you can’t reapply the product throughout the day, use a mineral-based powder. It must include the sun protection factor (SPF).
- Test your product before applying it to your face. After you buy sunscreen, test it on a small area of your skin. The elbow is best. If you find signs of an allergy, you should look for a product with other chemicals in it.
We have explained to you how to apply sunscreen on your face. Sunscreen is a topical product applied to the skin to protect it from the harmful effects of the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. It’s essential to say that using such a product is essential if you want to protect your skin from some serious problems such as skin cancer. When buying it, pay attention to those options that suit your skin type. It can be in various forms, including lotions, creams, and sprays.
Can You Use Sunscreen For The Face On The Body?
Yes, you can. The purpose of using sunscreen is to protect the skin from exposure to UV rays. Therefore, you can use body sunscreen to apply to your face. However, facial skin is thinner, more delicate, and more sensitive. Therefore, it is better to buy a special sunscreen for the face.
How To Get Sunscreen On Your Back?
To apply sunscreen on your back, apply it to the center of a plastic sheet and rub it over your middle back. Do it as if you are drying yourself with a towel.
When Should You Put Sunscreen On?
Apply sunscreen to your skin for at least 20-30 minutes before going outside. It is necessary so that the sunscreen has time to absorb and not understand, along with sweat.
At What Age Can You Start Using Sunscreen?
Sunscreen can be used for six months. Until then, it’s best to protect your baby’s skin with shade and clothing.