Published on December 9th, 2022
Last updated on January 24th, 2023
Is It Good To Massage Your Face? 6 Non-obvious Face Massage Benefits
The health and beauty of facial skin are the basis for a successful life for almost every person. It may not seem like such an essential aspect at first glance. Still, a healthy facial appearance provides not only affects your well-being but also affects self-esteem, communication with people and the perception of others.
However, to achieve the desired effect of healthy and toned skin, you need to pay attention to this. This is where facial massage can help. It is able to stimulate blood flow, relieve inflammation, relax muscles and improve.
So, you must learn how to perform an essential facial massage correctly and avoid common mistakes. In this article, we will talk about face massage benefits, show you the basic way to do massage, and also reveal the possible side effects of facial massage.
Benefits Of Facial Massage
We all know how nice it is to receive a facial massage. This is especially helpful after a hard day at work. Facial massage helps to relax muscles, improves mood and perfectly sets up for a night’s sleep. However, did you know that such a procedure can benefit your muscles? We’ve rounded up six hidden face massage benefits that you probably didn’t know about:
- So, one of the key benefits of facial massage is skin cleansing. Our lymphatic system is designed so that an extensive network of tissues and organs works to ensure that toxins successfully leave our body. However, in our body’s work, there are failures that lead to waste products being poorly excreted from the body. This leads to swollen skin, inflammation and infections. With a facial massage, you can improve the condition of the lymphatic system and make your facial skin more attractive.
- Removes puffiness. In addition to effectively removing toxins from the body, facial massage also helps your body deal with puffiness. So, with increased blood flow, you are stimulating your body to move fluids around, resulting in less puffiness.
- Increases collagen production. Thanks to this protein, your skin can become firmer and younger. Many women use special nutritional supplements with collagen to increase its amount in the body. However, to avoid eating supplements, you can simply do a fast facial massage. In just a few minutes a day, you can reduce the risk of wrinkles, lines and other signs of skin aging.
- Relieves headaches. With massage for your face, you can significantly improve your condition if you experience frequent headaches. Massaging the vital pressure points on your face can release tension in those areas and improve your situation significantly. However, if the headaches persist and you can’t live well with them, you’d be better off seeking help from a specialist.
- Relaxes facial muscles. As we pointed out earlier, massage does an excellent job of relaxing the body’s muscles. Since our face has many small muscles that we contract throughout the day, they need to be relaxed. So, facial massage perfectly copes with this task and provides the necessary recovery of facial muscles.
- Improves sleep. If you’re having trouble sleeping or often waking up in the middle of the night, you can add a massage for your face to your daily routine. You can massage your loved ones before bed, and they will massage you.
Are you surprised by any of these benefits? If so, give facial massage a try! You may be surprised by how much difference it makes in your overall appearance and well-being.
Possible Side-Effects Of Facial Massage
Face massage is a great way of getting the relaxation you need, recovering from a hard day, and toning your muscles, but it has not only benefits that can make your body better.
Before we get directly into the negative effects of facial massage, we should note that not all of them are harmful. In some cases, side effects may be beneficial for some people, while they may be unpleasant for others. For example, increased circulation due to massage can improve the appearance of your skin, while lymphatic drainage helps reduce puffiness. On the other hand, these same effects can also negatively affect your skin. Let’s look at the negative effects of facial massage:
- So, we have previously indicated that extra blood flow from facial massage can improve the appearance of your skin. However, at the same time, it can make your facial skin more sensitive to sunlight and burns. To avoid damaging your skin, use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Although facial massage helps a person get rid of toxins due to increased lymphatic drainage, it can also cause breakouts on the face. In case you have sensitive skin and are prone to breakouts, you should inform your therapist about this.
- In addition, one of the known side effects of facial massage is bruising. Most often, people do not get this side effect. However, if you are taking blood thinners or have a bleeding disorder, you should avoid massaging your face, as this can increase your risk of bruising.
Overall, face massage is a safe and effective beauty treatment with various benefits for the skin. However, as with any cosmetic procedure, there are potential side effects that you should be aware of before making an appointment. If you have any doubts about whether facial massage is right for you, be sure to consult with a licensed esthetician or dermatologist.
How To Massage Your Face At Home
Facial massage therapy is a great way to relax and rejuvenate your skin. It can help increase blood circulation, relieve tension headaches, and reduce wrinkles. Plus, it feels fantastic! Never fear if you’re interested in giving yourself a facial massage but don’t want to shell out for professional treatment. It’s actually quite easy to do at home. Here’s how:
- Start by cleansing your face with your favourite cleanser. Once your skin is clean, apply a layer of oil or lotion to help your hands glide smoothly over your skin. You can use jojoba oil, olive oil, or any other type of oil that you like.
- Then, using your fingertips, begin massaging your face in small circular motions. Start at your forehead and work your way down to your jawline. Then move on to your cheekbones and finish up around your mouth. Don’t forget to include your neck!
- Next, using both hands, place them on either side of your nose and begin sliding them down the sides of your face. Use gentle pressure; you don’t want to pull or tug on your skin. Finally, massage the area between your eyebrows in small circular motions using your index fingers. This helps relieve tension headaches and can also help lessen the appearance of wrinkles over time.
- When you’re finished massaging your face, rinse off any excess oil with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. That’s it! You’re done! Now sit back and enjoy a facial massage’s improved circulation and radiant complexion.
Facial massage therapy is a great way to promote circulation and give yourself a little-home deep pampering. Plus, it’s easy to do! Just cleanse your face, apply some oil or lotion, and start massaging in small circular motions. Be sure to include your face, neck, and the space between your eyebrows.
Mistakes During Massage
For all the benefits that we mentioned above, to be able to improve your facial skin effectively, you should remember the basic rules. So, here are some typical mistakes that people make during facial massage:
- Do not remove jewelry from your hands and fingers. When you do a facial massage, you need to remember that rings or bracelets can touch the skin. This can lead to both allergies and irritation from rubbing.
- Hand washing. Many people do not wash their hands before a facial massage. Do it to ensure that you do not clog the pores of your skin with oil from your hands.
- Wrong time for a massage. It is believed that the best time for a massage is in the evening period. In the evening, the skin of the face is ready to recover, and massage will be an excellent stimulant for this.
- You randomly wrinkle your skin. To make your facial massage as effective as possible, you need to massage the skin exclusively along the massage lines.
So, is it good to massage your face? Absolutely! Not only does daily face massage feel amazing, but it also has a host of benefits for your skin. Face massage can do wonders for your complexion, from reducing wrinkles and promoting collagen production to improving circulation and lymphatic drainage. And the best part is, you can do it yourself at home with just a few simple strokes. So go ahead and give yourself a little face massage love today!
What Is A Facial Massage?
You can get a facial massage on your own or with a professional. The method involves pressing on pressure points on the shoulders, neck, and face. Face rollers and flat gua sha tools, as well as lotions, oils, or cleansing balms, can all be used in conjunction with facial massages.
Is It Good To Massage Your Face?
Yes, facial massage can circulate blood to the skin, help unclog pores, tighten skin, and in many cases, help get rid of a double chin. That is why many people often devote a lot of time to facial massage.
How Much Does Facial Massage Cost?
On average, this service will cost about $80. However, you can find a specialist who will do a facial massage for $30. But in this case, you should think about what kind of service you will receive in this case.
How Can I Get A Facial Massage?
Facial massage, like other types of massage, should be done by a massage therapist. Usually this is a specialist who has the necessary skills and knowledge that are needed to perform the correct massage without damaging the patient’s skin and health.